“Bingeing on alcohol depletes neurotransmitters, but bacon contains a high level of aminos which tops these up, giving you a clearer head.” – The wise words of a scientist (full article here)
Let me start by admitting one thing we all have in common – Most of us love getting hammered every now and again but, hate the consequences. The default protocol for most pleasures in life. At this moment and time I’m guilty as sin seeing that I’ve just popped my first cork for the night. On the flip side, I already got my shopping done for breakfast and my hangover cure sorted.
Always buy enough for two. For the simple reason being – You won’t need to sell it. It will sell you. Simply a panty dropper. Now I know some of you ladies reading this might disagree with me or call me disrespectful but, just hang on to your nipples for a second. We live in a modern world where sometimes even the girl has to cook the breakfast – right? Right. So this blade cuts both ways and doesn’t mingle in discrimination. Apart from all that – this bacon sandwich is also just an awesome snack regardless of whether you have a single serving guest, hungry kids, boyfriend/girlfriend/wife/lover a hangover that needs curing or just fancy a nice breakfast. You pick your boat.
“Simply a panty dropper”
Firstly you want to buy some nice bread that you can toast in the pan. I use black bread but you can use a nice sourdough. If you absolutely have to then go ahead with your cardboard sliced bread. Let’s not be hypocrites here. After all you’re not really going to change the world by the kind of bread you use in this calorific greasy piece of big tasty – are you now? NO, you’re not.
Let’s continue with getting some nice meaty sausages of the awesome and good quality variety for our hangover cure sandwich. The ones that are all meat no junk. I love a nice pork sausage or Morcilla (Spanish blood sausage). The latter being my favourite. You also want to grab some good quality streaky bacon if you don’t have some fresh bacon left over from my killer salad recipe.
Get some nice melty cheese like Gruyère or cheddar. None of the low-fat stuff. We wanna be really bad here. We either do the hangover cure properly or we don’t do it at all.
Lastly you want to add something sweet to your sandwich to balance all that salty-fatty goodness. Try for some red onion marmalade or some sweet mustard sauce. If you can’t find it just mix one tablespoon of Dijon mustard with a tablespoon of honey and you are ready to rock.
To make an awesome onion and beer marmalade you want to sauté an onion until golden brown, add 100 ml of beer and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Simmer slowly until it looks glossy and spankingly delicious. That’s a winner don’t forget it. You can use with many other dishes.
“We wanna be really bad here.
We either do it properly or we don’t do it at all”
To assemble your hangover cure follow these step if your brain is capable of functioning. Otherwise if you are just a hungry homo sapien cooking a killer breakfast you won’t have no problems yo.
Tip – Turn your oven onto 180C. If you do not have one then cook your hangover cure in a pan with a lid to generate the heat to melt the cheese.
- Toast the bread in some butter until golden brown – like the person you imagined yourself to be last night at the party.
- Fry the bacon and sliced sausage until nicely browned and slightly crispy – Not black and burnt. If you having trouble figuring out the difference then simply compare yours to the picture. If you can manage.
- Assuming you want the best for yourself and for whoever you trying to re-seduce. I recommend you now prepare the onion marmalade.
- Keep the fat in the pan from the bacon and sausage. Use this to sauté(fry) your onions. When they are nicely caramelised you want to add the beer and sugar. simmer till glossy and sexy. (like what you saw trough your beer goggles last night)
- This is where shit gets serious. Assembly time and flashing in the oven time.
- Layer the marmalade, bacon, sausage and cheese alternately on to your toasted bread as seen on the massive picture I so lovingly took for you.
- Put it in the oven at 180C for 2 minutes.
- Get messy – One more time – Enjoy – Love you long time