Thai jungle curry and many other Thai dishes also use this paste as a base to add aroma and flavour.
It only takes a few seconds to make and can be stored indefinitely in the freezer until needed.
- Aromatics - Fresh young garlic works best. Do not use dried. Fresh ginger. Washed, with the skin on.
- Liquid - Simple clean drinkable water. No need to add oil or anything else.
- Peel the garlic.
- Wash the ginger, keep the skin on and chop it up into chunks
- Place the ginger, garlic and water into a high speed blender and blend until a paste is formed.
- Store airtight in the fridge for up to 5 days or in the freezer for a very long time.
How to use it
Use in marinades for chicken or fish, or fry with chopped onions when making curries or stews.
Always store in an airtight container.
- Fridge - Will last for about a week.
- Freezer - Will last for many months.
This site contains affiliate links. I may earn a tiny commission on qualifying purchases at no extra cost to you. By bookmarking these links you help support the upkeep of this site.
If you found this post helpful or have learned something, comment, subscribe, and follow me on social platforms for more tasty recipes.
Garlic And Ginger Paste
- 80 grams (½ cups) garlic
- 160 grams (1 ½ cups) ginger
- 100 grams (½ cups) water
- Blend together until smooth and store until needed.
- Will last in the fridge for up to a week.
- Can be frozen for up to 6 months.