This easy salmon salad recipe uses only a few ingredients that are super healthy Keto and paleo-friendly.
For this easy salmon salad recipe, I would actually go the extra mile and cure my own salmon.
It is extremely easy, cheaper than shop-bought and you can use it for many other things too.
Like blending it with some cream cheese and bit of fresh cream and chopped chives to make a delicious dip for vegetable crudites.
How to cure salmon
- 1,5kg skin on salmon pin bones removed(ask the fishmonger to do this for you)
- 150g coarse sea salt
- 150g brown sugar
- zest of 1 limes
- zest of 1 lemon
- zest of 1 orange
- 2g freshly ground black pepper
Mix together all the ingredients and cover the fish well with the mix. Cover, place in the fridge overnight and rinse the following day. Pat dry with a tea towel and store in an airtight container for up to 7 days in the fridge and 6 months tightly wrapped in the freezer.
Hopefully, you won't need to freeze it as it's super tasty when freshly cured. As mentioned before you could use this cured salmon for many other recipes and even just have it as is.
It's also amazing on a bit of toasted sourdough bread with a glass of bubbles for a simple summer weekend snack or champagne reception.
To make this easy salmon salad though we will also need to soft boil a few eggs and make a very simple anchovy mayonnaise.
How to cook the perfect soft boiled egg?
- Use medium to large chicken eggs
- Start with boiling water
- When the water boils carefully lower the eggs into the water using a spoon.
- If the eggs are from the fridge then set a timer to 6 minutes.
- If the eggs are room temperature set a timer to 5 minutes.
- When the timer goes off, remove the eggs and place under cold running water or a bowl of ice water to stop them from cooking further.
- When the eggs have chilled down a bit(2 minutes), peel them and set aside.
How to make quick anchovy mayonnaise?
- For simplicity, we will use store-bought Heinz real mayonnaise.
- With a hand-held blender blend up 100g mayonnaise, 10g anchovies, and 20g water.
- Reserve till needed and keep refrigerated for up to one week.
Now that we have the main components for our salad we can go ahead and just put it together with a nice hand full of peppery rocket leaves, chopped chives, and some freshly ground black pepper.
Feel free to add a fresh squeeze of lemon/lime juice for some zing or even a bit of chopped chilli for a little heat kick.
Note: If you feel super lazy and don't want to cure your own salmon just buy some smoked salmon from the shop.
IF YOU FOUND THIS ARTICLE HELPFUL OR HAVE LEARNED SOMETHING, COMMENT, SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW ME ON SOCIAL PLATFORMS FOR MORE TASTY RECIPES
DID YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE?
Tag @PANTSDWONAPRONSON on Instagram and hashtag it #PANTSDOWNAPRONSON